Although you may not realize it, simple table salt has a great number of uses other than simply seasoning your food. The following list will give you sixty uses of salt, many of which you probably didn't realize:
1. Soak stained hankies in salt water before washing.
2. Sprinkle salt on your shelves to keep ants away.
3. Soak fish in salt water before descaling; the scales will come off easier.
4. Put a few grains of rice in your salt shaker for easier pouring.
5. Add salt to green salads to prevent wilting.
6. Test the freshness of eggs in a cup of salt water; fresh eggs sink; bad ones float.
7. Add a little salt to your boiling water when cooking eggs; a cracked egg will stay in its shell this way.
8. A tiny pinch of salt with egg whites makes them beat up fluffier.
9. Soak wrinkled apples in a mildly salted water solution to perk them up.
10. Rub salt on your pancake griddle and your flapjacks won't stick.
11. Soak toothbrushes in salt water before you first use them; they will last longer.
12. Use salt to clean your discolored coffee pot.
13. Mix salt with turpentine to whiten you bathtub and toilet bowl.
14. Soak your nuts in salt brine overnight and they will crack out of their shells whole. Just tap the end of the shell with a hammer to break it open easily.
15. Boil clothespins in salt water before using them and they will last longer.
16. Clean brass, copper and pewter with paste made of salt and vinegar, thickened with flour
17. Add a little salt to the water your cut flowers will stand in for a longer life.
18. Pour a mound of salt on an ink spot on your carpet; let the salt soak up the stain.
19. Clean your iron by rubbing some salt on the damp cloth on the ironing surface.
20. Adding a little salt to the water when cooking foods in a double boiler will make the food cook faster.
21. Use a mixture of salt and lemon juice to clean piano keys.
22. To fill plaster holes in your walls, use equal parts of salt and starch, with just enough water to make a stiff putty.
23. Rinse a sore eye with a little salt water.
24. Mildly salted water makes an effective mouthwash. Use it hot for a sore throat gargle.
25. Dry salt sprinkled on your toothbrush makes a good tooth polisher.
26. Use salt for killing weeds in your lawn.
27. Eliminate excess suds with a sprinkle of salt.
28. A dash of salt in warm milk makes a more relaxing beverage.
29. Before using new glasses, soak them in warm salty water for awhile.
30. A dash of salt enhances the taste of tea.
31. Salt improves the taste of cooking apples.
32. Soak your clothes line in salt water to prevent your clothes from freezing to the line; likewise, use salt in your final rinse to prevent the clothes from freezing.
33. Rub any wicker furniture you may have with salt water to prevent yellowing.
34. Freshen sponges by soaking them in salt water.
35. Add raw potatoes to stews and soups that are too salty.
36. Soak enamel pans in salt water overnight and boil salt water in them next day to remove burned-on stains.
37. Clean your greens in salt water for easier removal of dirt.
38. Gelatin sets more quickly when a dash of salt is added.
39. Fruits put in mildly salted water after peeling will not discolor.
40. Fabric colors hold fast in salty water wash.
41. Milk stays fresh longer when a little salt is added.
42. Use equal parts of salt and soda for brushing your teeth.
43. Sprinkle salt in your oven before scrubbing clean.
44. Soaked discolored glass in a salt and vinegar solution to remove stains..
45. Clean greasy pans with a paper towel and salt.
46. Salty water boils faster when cooking eggs.
47. Add a pinch of salt to whipping cream to make it whip more quickly.
48. Sprinkle salt in milk-scorched pans to remove odor.
49. A dash of salt improves the taste of coffee.
50. Boil mismatched hose in salty water and they will come out matched.
51. Salt and soda will sweeten the odor of your refrigerator.
52. Cover wine-stained fabric with salt; rinse in cool water later.
53. Remove offensive odors from stove with salt and cinnamon.
54. A pinch of salt improves the flavor of cocoa.
55. To remove grease stains in clothing, mix one part salt to four parts alcohol.
56. Salt and lemon juice removes mildew.
57. Sprinkle salt between sidewalk bricks where you don't want grass growing.
58. Polish your old kerosene lamp with salt for a better look.
59. Remove odors from sink drainpipes with a strong, hot solution of salt water.
60. If a pie bubbles over in your oven, put a handful of salt on top of the spilled juice. The mess won't smell and will bake into a dry, light crust which will wipe off easily when the oven has cooled
As my friend was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from the ropes they were tied to but for some reason, they did not. My friend saw a trainer nearby and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away.
"Well," he said, "when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free." My friend was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn't, they were stuck right where they were.
Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before? So make an attempt to grow further.... Why shouldn't we try it again?
"YOUR ATTEMPT MAY FAIL, BUT NEVER FAIL TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT."
*10% of Software Professionals are predicted to be affected by major diseases like Carpal tunnel syndrome, heart diseases etc
*20% of Software Professionals marry their co-workers
*30% of Software Professionals are interested in Live in relationship because they tend to hate the responsibility both in office and house
*40% of Software Professionals are confused about settling down (India or abroad)
*50% of Software Professionals has No savings in their Bank Account
*60% of Software Professionals are not satisfied with their current wages
*70% of Software Professionals work more than 8 hours across globe
*80% of Software Professionals live away from their Parents
*90% of Software Professionals are NOT HAPPY about their Life, meeting deadlines, client satisfaction, incentives, promotions, increment, onsite trips, wife, children, visa status, and commitments
*100% of Software professionals wish they had a choice other than computers in their life at least once in their lifetime
The things like gym exercises, running walking may help us to reduce the body weight. But it is not such an easy task to do it. So if any of you trying to find the best weight loss products for you, then check the site named www.weightlosspills.net. It is very useful and informative site which provide best weight loss information, tools, and advice. This website has helpful weight loss pills reviews! There you can compare prices, product ingredients, the best weight loss pills recommended for you and reviews and scientific researches.hey have nuphedragen, Hydroxycut Hardcore, Dietrine Carb Blocker, Dymetadrine Extreme-EF, EPH200, Ephedrasil, Ephedrasil Hardcore, Estrin-D, Estrolean, Everslim. Excell Now and etc.They contains more useful reviews about all of the best diet pills in market and gives us more useful information about it. So try them out and make use of it. If you are on the market for the best weight loss pills, you might want to check out this weightlosspills.net, a source for weight loss pill reviews. There you will find weight loss pills that are recommended by experts and consumers.But be sure to always ask or consult first your doctor,if the diet pill or weight loss pill you want to take is safe for you to use. Have a weight loss pills, and have a slim and handsome look.
1. Learn to be positive! If you keep moaning about your life, other people will only notice the bad aspects of your character and categorize you as a person who is 'Boring' - or worse! Who wants to spend time with a wet blanket! Go to places where people are positive and support you with positive thoughts.
2. Be generous. A little generosity goes a long way. Give and people return the favor to you and you will be known as a generous person.
3. Make a list of all the things you want to do and do them! If you've always wanted to audition for theater, then go ahead and do it! This will help to reduce 'hanging around' and wishing. This even applies if you want to be an astronaut : you might not effectively become one, but becoming savvy in astrophysics and space will make you realize that you're capable of it.
4. Keep trying. One of the key things that you need to remember is to never be discouraged; failure is a part of life, and it happens naturally. If you are so disillusioned that you never want to try again, at least be comforted by the fact that you made an attempt.
5. Stop doing things that you do not enjoy. Make a list of the things that you are doing that you don't enjoy, and try to stop doing them. Naturally, this shouldn't mean that you should drop out of school if you don't like studying, but you might consider working for a new company if you are constantly stressed and pressured by your job. If it's not possible to stop, try to see the positive side of those things and find ways to make them entertaining. Nobody enjoys cleaning the kitchen fan or the toilet but if you do these chores with full awareness and make them into a meditation, you will be surprised how quiet your mind will become and how much happiness these chores will give you.
6. Find a hobby. You might take up collecting stamps or coins, or you might learn more about photography or art. You don't have to spend your entire life doing it; the whole purpose of the hobby is to vary your routine and do something worthwhile.
7. Stop watching TV or at least limit the amount of time you spend in front of the idiot box. Watching TV is passive entertainment and enjoyment in life comes from trying and doing things yourself instead of watching other people do things. Watching people swim is not the same as swimming. Watching other people hike or climb a mountain is not the same as hiking or climbing mountains. This is pretty obvious but still many people prefer second hand experiences to living life to the full. The same goes for playing TV or computer games hours on end. Go out and do something. You will feel healthier too.
8. Ask questions. It's not bad to ask questions. Ask as many as you can no matter what people say or the relevance of them. Don't doubt yourself because there's a good chance somebody else is wondering the same thing.
9. Enjoy feeling proud. If you're proud of something be it: an essay, a new deck you built, a promotion, or a song you composed hold on to it for dear life because there's nothing more important than your pride. Do not let anybody take it by demanding more.
10. Stay healthy. Make part of your life eating right and exercising because it helps keep the body running at the top of its game.
11. Be open to change. Changes in your job, friends, and the government. With practice you will be able to anticipate it.
Rahman has made India proud by winning 2 awards for the best Original Movie Score and best Song for 'Jai Ho' . Slumdog won its fourth Oscar in the Film Editing Category.Indian Rusel Pookutty won the third Oscar for 'Slumdog Millionaire' in the best Sound Mixing Category.
Smile Pinki, a documentary on a young Indian girl also won an Oscar in the best Short Documentary category.
Oscar winners normally generate a lot of publicity. This time over, you can be sure a nation of One Billion people will be in a frenzy. It has been quite an eventful journey from Chennai to Hollywood for the music maestro who caused a billion Indian hearts to swell with pride when his score for Slumdog Millionaire was recognised twice over.
The 43-year-old music wizard, born as A S Dileep Kumar in a musically affluent family in Chennai, changed his name to Allah Rakha Rahman after his family converted to Islam in the late 1980’s.
His genius for music came to the fore when his ad jingles became very popular. He became a force to reckon with in the music industry ever since he debuted in Mani Ratnam’s Roja. Rangeela, Rahman’s first Bollywood assignment made the whole of India sit up and take notice of his talent. The double bonanza at Oscars has enthralled industrymen and his fans back home.
Winslet, who played a German trolley-car conductor who turns out to be a former Nazi guard in "The Reader," won the Oscar on her sixth nomination, avoiding going 0-for-6 and becoming the most-nominated Oscar loser.
We all know people who are inspiring. But just how does one inspire others? Here are simple ways you can inspire people to be their best:
Be a good example. People watch what you do more than they listen to what you say. Be someone worth emulating.
Care about others.
People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care. Ask questions. Take a genuine interest in people.
Everyonegoes through tough times. When you support people and encourage themthrough these times, you'll be inspiring them to see the best inthemselves and in the situation.
Be inspired yourself.
Look for people, ideas, environments and knowledge that you find inspiring and motivating.
Share from your own experience.
Youhave more to share than you realize. Mine the rich experiences of yourlife and share your wisdom from your unique point of view. You may bethe only one who can touch someone with your inspiring message.
Be willing to share your failures as well as your successes. Others will relate to you. They'll understand that they're not the only ones with challenges..
Facts tell and stories sell. They inspire, too. We learn best from parables and we all need to develop our own inspiring stories.
Be a good communicator.
Increasingyour ability to communicate effectively is a critical element for youto inspire others. Watch how you speak and what you say. Invest in yourcommunication skills.
Many of us have had teachers who at times seemed more like tormentors than mentors. They challenged us to do our best, and we were better for it.Practice "care-frontation"— the careful and caring confrontation of others.
It may not follow that all readers are leaders, but certainly all leaders are readers.. Stay informed. Share what you read with others. Tell people about books that have inspired you. Share the knowledge.
Obesity is a serious problem in, practically, almost all developed and developing countries. Today, most people are in danger due to obesity.Clinicallixis a revolutionary diet pill that uses three proven weight loss compounds in one pill. It is reasonably priced compared to other diet pills at $39.99 for 300 capsules.Today, the weight loss pills or anti-obesity lead a huge market, much due to the increase of chronic problems of overweight and obesity worldwide.Clinicallix contains the following ingredients: glucomannan, guarana, yerba mate, damiana, gymnema slyvestre, garcinia cambogia, and chromium polynicotinate.The clinicallix is one of the efficient and effective ways to reduce weight and get thin pretty quickly. Before using this product please do some research on these ingredients, as you may be allergic to some chemicals. The main function of the diet pill is to surpress your hunger feelings and make you satisfied.Do not waste time with other pills, come and get the best. clinicallix worth every penny invested.
22 things an Indian does after returning to India from "US".
22. Use Nope for No and Yep for Yes.
21. Tries to use credit card in road side hotel.
20. Drinks and carries mineral water and always speaks of health conscious.
19. Sprays deo such so that he doesn't need to take bath.
18. Sneezes and says 'Excuse me'.
17. Says "Hey" instead of "Hi".
Says "Yogurt" instead says "Curds".
Says "Cab" instead of "Taxi".
Says "Candy" instead of "Chocolate".
Says "Cookie" instead of "Biscuit".
Says " Free Way " instead of "Highway".
Says "got to go" instead of "Have to go".
Says "Oh" instead of "Zero", (for 704, says Seven Oh Four Instead of Seven
16.Doesn't forget to crib about air pollution. Keeps cribbing every time he steps out.
15. Says all the distances in Miles (Not in Kilo Meters), and counts in Millions. (Not in Lakhs)
14. Tries to figure all the prices in Dollars as far as possible (but deep down the heart multiplies by 43 times).
13. Tries to see the % of fat on the cover of a milk pocket.
12. When need to say Z (zed), never says Z (Zed), repeats "Zee" several times, if the other person unable to get, then says X, Y Zee(but never says Zed)
11. Writes date as MM/DD/YYYY, on watching traditional DD/MM/YYYY, says "Oh! British Style!"
10. Makes fun of Indian Standard Time and Indian Road Conditions.
9. Even after 2 months, complaints about "Jet Lag".
8. Avoids eating more chili (hot) stuff.
7. Tries to drink "Diet Coke", instead of Normal Coke.
6.. Tries to complain about any thing in India as if he is experiencing it for the first time.
5. Pronounces "schedule" as "skejule", and "module" as "mojule".
4. Looks suspiciously towards Hotel/Dhaba food.
3. From the luggage bag, does not remove the stickers of Airways by which he traveled back to India, even after 4 months of arrival.
2. Takes the cabin luggage bag to short visits in India, tries to roll the bag on Indian Roads.
1. Tries to begin conversation with "In US ...." or "When I was in US..."
C’elle new and remarking service provides women with the unique opportunity to collect and preserve vital stem cells that can be harvested from the body's menstrual fluid during the menstrual cycle. The stem cells collected from menstrual blood may be used in treating life-threatening diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, stroke and much more. Stem cell technology has helped thousands of patients suffering from major diseases and the latest news has it that women can now safely collect life-saving stem cells found in menstrual blood.The women stem cells are being extracted from the woman’s menstrual blood and those stem cells are known to treat of possibly life-threatening diseases including diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, stroke, Alzheimer, and Parkinson’s disease. There is a collection kit available in Celle which found to be useful with utmost care . If your interested, visit the site nowordering page , available for attractive pricing.
Love is as critical for your mind and body as oxygen. It's not negotiable. The more connected you are, the healthier you will be both physically and emotionally. The less connected you are, the more you are at risk.
It is also true that the less love you have, the more depression you are likely to experience in your life. Love is probably the best antidepressant there is because one of the most common sources of depression is feeling unloved. Most depressed people don't love themselves and they do not feel loved by others. They also are very self-focused, making them less attractive to others and depriving them of opportunities to learn the skills of love.It is not only possible but necessary to change one's approach to love to ward off depression. Follow these action strategies to get more of what you want out of life—to love and be loved.
* Recognize the difference between limerance and love. Limerance is the psychological state of deep infatuation. It feels good but rarely lasts. Limerance is that first stage of mad attraction whereby all the hormones are flowing and things feel so right. Limerance lasts, on average, six months. It can progress to love. Love mostly starts out as limerance, but limerance doesn't always evolve into love.
* Know that love is a learned skill, not something that comes from hormones or emotion particularly. Erich Fromm called it "an act of will." If you don't learn the skills of love you virtually guarantee that you will be depressed, not only because you will not be connected enough but because you will have many failure experiences.
* Learn good communication skills. They are a means by which you develop trust and intensify connection. The more you can communicate the less depressed you will be because you will feel known and understood.
* Focus on the other person. Rather than focus on what you are getting and how you are being treated, read your partner's need. What does this person really need for his/her own well-being? This is a very tough skill for people to learn in our narcissistic culture. Of course, you don't lose yourself in the process; you make sure you're also doing enough self-care.
* Help someone else. Depression keeps people so focused on themselves they don't get outside themselves enough to be able to learn to love. The more you can focus on others and learn to respond and meet their needs, the better you are going to do in love.
* Develop the ability to accommodate simultaneous reality. The loved one's reality is as important as your own, and you need to be as aware of it as of your own. What are they really saying, what are they really needing? Depressed people think the only reality is their own depressed reality.
* Actively dispute your internal messages of inadequacy. Sensitivity to rejection is a cardinal feature of depression. As a consequence of low self-esteem, every relationship blip is interpreted far too personally as evidence of inadequacy. Quick to feel rejected by a partner, you then believe it is the treatment you fundamentally deserve. But the rejection really originates in you, and the feelings of inadequacy are the depression speaking.
Slow down. Babies and children live in a different time frame from adults' - usually a much slower one. Keep this in mind as you talk to your child, care for her and go about your day together.
Observe your child. You'll be amazed at how well you'll get to know your child by sitting back and watching. This focused awareness will help you better understand moods, abilities and temperament. Listening is important, too.
Stay optimistic. Optimism is contagious; so is negativity. Show your child through your behavior how to overcome minor setbacks. Children emulate their parents' attitudes and habits, so it will help if you have a positive outlook.
Accept and acknowledge your child's feelings and desires. Let her know it's OK if she feels sad, scared or angry. You can say, 'It looks like you're sad because your friend went home' or 'It seems that you're mad because I put the ball away.'
Tell your child your expectations. Children won't always comply right away, but they need to understand clearly what a parent expects: 'I want you to put on your sweater. We're going outside,' or 'I want your feet to stay off the couch.'
Set appropriate limits. Even when you acknowledge a feeling or desire, you must make a child aware of appropriate behavior and rules: 'I can see you're mad at your friend because he took the toy from you, but I won't let you hit him. Hitting is not something we do in our family. What else can you do?'
Wait. Let your child do as much as she can on her own - learn to walk, put on her socks, resolve conflicts with her friends. Anxiety or the desire to help often tempts parents to rush in and solve the problem for the child. A better response would be to wait and see what your child can manage on her own. She might surprise you.
Behave genuinely. Just as you accept your child's moods, though not always his behavior, it's OK to have a sad or angry thought yourself and express it appropriately: 'I'm really tired right now but I'm listening to you.' A parent's genuineness prepares a child for life.
Nurture yourself and your marriage. Make arrangements to have some guilt-free time to take care of your own needs. Plan a date with your partner and forget the kids for a while. You'll be a happier person and a better parent.
Kikisfashions is right choise to women who want look sexy and trendy even when pregnant for best price. Kikisfashions have now Summer sale -15% from all clothes on store.KikisFashions.com has unique yet trendy maternity clothes at very reasonable prices. The people at KikisFashions.com know that you have enough to worry about with a new baby on the way. Therefore, they keep their prices low for you.Just because a baby is on the way does not mean that your fashion sense has to fly out the window. KikisFashions.com has unique yet trendy maternity clothes at very reasonable prices.They have daily specials where nothing is over $9.99. This is your one stop Mommy Shop! Kiki's Fashions Maternity, has all the latest fashion trends in their new arrivals.Kiki’s also have categories like the short sleeves, long sleeves, Tanks, Bottoms, Dresses and a lots more. Kiki’s Fashions Maternity has an exclusive offer for all our bloggers and their friends; use the coupon code as “blogfriends” during checkout and receive an amazing 20% off.Check out KikisFashions.com today so that you and your baby will be dressing in style!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
"The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny."
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."
"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."
"How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted."
ALWAYS ......LOVE YOUR PARENTS...!! !
Its raining awards for Kareena this year… She added another award to her showcase with India Today Women Award 2009.Also Rotary Club has honoured Kareena Kapoor with vocational Excellence Award for being the youngest achiever of the film industry.
The year has begun on a good note for Kareena. She is the only Bollywood actress who made it up to the list of Top 10 Youth Icons of India. Now, she is named Czarina Style Icon of Bollywood.
"I believe in inner strength that's why I was able to reach where I am. There may be competition and negativity but if you have an inner belief you can reach your goals and fulfil your dreams."
Kareena quoted. Off course true in it.
Do NOT be silent. As soon as you become aware of the pain in someone's life, take action. This can be as small an effort as you decide, but DO take action because it will show the affected person that they are not alone and are cared about by others.
Encourage. Even if you haven't gone through the same thing as the person who is suffering, you can encourage them by offering cheer and hope. Smile. It offers light in a dark time. Laugh, share humor. Do not feel obligated to remain remorse and sober in fear of offending the sad person. What they need is to be brought up, not kept down.
Support. Often, sad folks become depressed and forget to take care of themselves. You can send them uplifting items anonymously, which I believe is best. This way, if you do more than one thing it can be interpreted as being cared about by many. Send an inspirational card, leave or send a flower, leave food baskets, or give a gift card to the grocery store or someplace fun like the movies. Reaching out can make all the difference in a person's life, helping them to cope with sad circumstances.
1) Do not get into trouble
2) Aim for greater heights
3) Stay focus on your job
4) Exercise to maintain good health
5) Practice Team work
6) Rely on your trusted partner to watch your back
7) Save for rainy days
8) Rest and relax
9) Always smile when your boss is around
10) Nothing is impossible
Bloom where you are planted. You have a choice to get back up after temporary set backs. Attitude is a small thing that makes a big difference!
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there. Write your short term goals down on paper. I have discovered and continue to discover that putting your dreams and goals down on paper lock in or focus your belief that they can be achieved--even if you have to take a course correction in achieving your goals. Success comes in cans, failure comes in can'ts.
Explore what is important to you. Maybe it is family, friends, your spirituality or working hard at any given task. I can assure you that your priorities will change as you grow older. Very important that you value yourself and treat yourself like the valuable gift from God that you are.
Birds of a feather flock together. This is to say that if you are hanging around winners or others with a "can do" mind-set, you'll likely adapt to this same kind of thinking. Remember--"SUCCESS LEAVES CLUES!
Feelings may change, commitments do not. "Success is getting up one more time than you fall." I have often wanted to give up, and then I must think to myself about what the consequences of giving up will be. Generally, this is more than enough of a motivation to make us stick to the task at hand even if we don't feel like it. When the task is achieved, Whow!--IT FEELS GREAT!
Be an encourager and comforter to friends that are feeling discouraged. I promise that you will not regret this as you will be encouraged by one, if not many, when you are feeling down. Encouragement and love are contagious qualities that can change the minds of the most stubborn and "hard-to-get- along-with" people you know. I have seen it happen over and over again.
She has worked with the United Nations as the Police Advisor to the Secretary General, in the Department of Peace Keeping Operations. She has represented India at the United Nations, and in International forums on crime prevention, drug abuse, police and prison reforms and women's issues. She has also been a National and an Asian Tennis champion. Recipient of the prestigious
Ramon Magsaysay Award (also called the Asian Nobel Prize), and several other decorations, Dr. Bedi is an author of several books, anchors radio and television shows and is a columnist with leading newspapers and magazines.She is a sought after speaker on social, professional and leadership issues. She is the founder of two NGOs,
India Vision Foundation, which reach out to over 10,000 beneficiaries daily, in the areas of drug abuse treatment, schooling for children of prisoners, in addition to education, training, counseling, and health care to the urban and rural poor.
Kiran Bedi has been voted as India's most admired woman and fifth amongst all Indians.
In polls conducted by the "The Week "( 2002) Kiran Bedi was voted as the most admired woman in the country, 5th most admired Indian and one of the 15 Indian Icons of 2006.
We have been using air mattress for quite some time now, and the convenience and benefits of it is all worth it. It took only about a minute and a half to pump it using electricity. Whenever we feel like just lying around in any part of the house, air mattress is convenient enough to grab and place anywhere.
Maybe..we were supposed to meet the
wrong people before meeting the right
one so that, when we finally meet the
right person, we will know how to be
grateful for that gift.
Maybe . . . when the door of happiness
closes, another opens; but, often
times, we look so long at the closed
door that we don't even see the new
one which has been opened for us.
Maybe . . . it is true that we don't
know what we have until we lose it,
but it is also true that we don't know
what we have been missing until it
Maybe . . . the happiest of people
don't necessarily have the best of
everything; they just make the most of
everything that comes along their way.
Maybe . . . the brightest future will
always be based on a forgotten past;
after all, you can't go on
successfully in life until you let go
of your past mistakes, failures and
Maybe . . . you should dream what you
want to dream; go where you want to
go, be what you want to be, because
you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you dream of, and
want to do.
Maybe . . . there are moments in life
when you miss someone -- a parent, a
spouse, a friend, a child -- so much
that you just want to pick them from
your dreams and hug them for real, so
that once they are around you
appreciate them more.
Maybe . . . the best kind of friend is
the kind you can sit on a porch and
swing with, never say a word, and then
walk away feeling like it was the best
conversation you've ever had.
Maybe . . you should always try to put
yourself in others' shoes. If you feel
that something could hurt you, it
probably will hurt the other person,
Maybe . . you should do something nice
for someone every single day, even if
it is simply to leave them alone.
Maybe . .giving someone all your love
is never an assurance that they will
love you back. Don't expect love in
return; just wait for it to grow in
their heart; but, if it doesn't, be
content that it grew in yours.
Maybe . . . happiness waits for all
those who cry, all those who hurt, all
those who have searched, and all those
who have tried, for only they can
appreciate the importance of ll the
people who have touched their lives.
Maybe . . . you shouldn't go for
looks; they can deceive; don't go for
wealth; even that fades away. Go for
someone who makes you smile, because
it takes only a smile to make a dark
day seem bright. Find the one that
makes your heart smile.
Maybe . . you should hope for enough
happiness to make you sweet, enough
trials to make you strong, enough
sorrow to keep you human, and enough
hope to make you happy
Maybe . . . you should try to live
your life to the fullest because when
you were born, you were crying and
everyone around you was smiling but
when you die, you can be the one who
is smiling and everyone around you
A piece of furniture will last lifetimes if it is well built, thus one should see pride ,quality, custom-craftsmanship and attention in detail. The furniture not only for the richness , but conserve resources for our future generations as well. In turn the furniture should fits everyone’s home and lifestyle.Furniture in fashion has been a part of the human experience since the development of non-nomadic cultures.
The demand for the furniture made up of woods is growing due to the increased standard of living of people and outlook. On occassions like wedding, it has become customary to gift wooden furniture like double bed, sofa, dressing table, dining table to the daughter.
LOMBOK is renowned for stylish Eastern inspired furniture including wooden beds,four poster beds, chests of drawers,dining tables, dining chairs, bookcases, coffee tables, and home accessories including laundry baskets, cushions, lamps, lamp shades, throws and quilts, log baskets, candles and more.
The laundry baskets are hand made from the natural materials . Since it is made from natural items, it serves good for the environment. Cleaning such laundry baskets available here are also easy . The lamp shades provided in the site so called Lombok are gorgeous and fashionable which would definitely seems to be modern. The log baskets are so stylish and practical touch to our living room . Lombok shows ecological interest as they made their furniture from the natural materials which are incredibly versatile, suiting both contemporary and traditional homes.
The 7th edition of Chennai Marathon at Chennai starts on Sunday 15th February 2009. the race starts at 7.00am from Anna square at Marina Beach. There are various levels of participants and they have different categories as well. Entry fee is free to schoolchildren and they have 5km race. Participation certificates will be issued to all racers who completed the race successfully. The water and sponge points have been arranged throughout en-route and safety is also high throughout Marathon. Immediate cash awards will be given to first 25 places after completion of marathon.“We have so far had 11,000 people register for the marathon and we are hoping to see 4,000 more by Sunday,” said Sudeep Jain, member secretary, Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu. The event is organised by SDAT. It is not necessary that you run only if dogs chase you...if you're tired of running after your girl friend(s) during the V-day, if you are tired for running for cost effective economic slowdown roses!!! You can run for reason, run for cause, run for chennai!!!
Are you looking for a romantic gift idea for that special person on Valentines Day? Well, if you are like me and have found that special one that you plan to spend the rest of your life with, then you want to get that person something where they will be sure to remember that day for all of their life. I browsed the web to find some of those for a very good price, and that's by doing this that I found this website about watches.With the Free Shipping (for orders over $100) they propose some real good deals. Their selection is very interesting and for all type of prices, up to several thousand of dollars.Memories are made by gifts like this watches, and we will be looking back at this year’s Valentines Day. There are even more watches in the men's selection.It's something to be proud of and to wear during important occasions or celebrations. There are so many that it's really hard to choose which one.Anyways, if you guys out there are looking for the best gifts for you love ones for this coming holiday I would highly recommend you to check out thewatchery.com because you can find all kinds of luxury watch that you will definitely fall in love with. Like I said they’re on sale at this time so you might want to avail their amazing offers and great deals. Good news to those US residents because once they place order that’s worth $100 bucks or so they can avail the free shipping programs. If you are looking for a great present to your sweetheart this Valentine's day, give her the timeless gift, give her a luxurious watch from The Watchery. I'm pretty sure, she will be delighted!
Superstar Rajnikanth greeted actress Pooja for her miraculous and exciting performance in her latest flick Naan kaduval. “No one will be able to make a film like Naan Kadavul. Its uniqueness shall withstand the test of the time,” commented Rajinikanth after watching a special show of Naan Kadavul. Rajinikanth said that having frequently visited the Himalayas and interacted with several Aghoris, he was able to understand Naan Kadavul’s concept and screenplay very well. He also expressed his astonishment to Arya for depicting an Aghori to perfection and appreciated Bala for the concept and screenplay.Appreciating Bala’s ingenuity and screenplay, Rajni said the method of communicating the Rig Veda concept through the story of an Aghori sadhu who rescues a group of differently-abled from the mafia is superb.A visibly thrilled Rajinikanth said to Bala, ‘only you can make such a movie Bala. I am impressed and stunned with the presentation of the film.’ The letter of the rajnikanth is below
Relationship ,the word describes a lot more ,not in words, but in feelings. This relationship between the two is very important when it turns to be love . This love relationship is often difficult to know whether it is taken serious by your partner. Here some of the tips to know about the true relationship .
These tips given below were taken from the net while browsing. I modified a bit and given here . As valentine day is nearing , this tips would be more interesting and useful.
1. Your partner calls you without any reason
Your relationship is serious if your partner calls you without any rhyme or reason just to know what you are doing. If your partner calls you just to hear your voice and makes weird excuses for calling then they really love you and are extremely serious in the relationship with you.
2. Your partner's friends know all about you
A person tells about his relationship to their friends only if they are dam serious about someone. This is a very important sign of knowing whether your lover is taking the relationship seriously or not. If your partner tends to talk about you the whole time they are with their friends, then they really like you. They talk about your hobbies, about your features your likings and disliking.
3. They listen to every word you say
Your partner is very serious about you if they listen to every word you say with great attention. If your beloved really loves you then they will not dominate the conversation or interrupt you, they will just look at your face and will respond to you in a positive way. They will listen to you rather than indulging in talking.
4. Your partner will take interest in your hobbies and work
You can easily find out whether your partner is serious in the relationship or not. If they start taking interest in all your hobbies and work then they surely are interested in you. They will also help you in your professional work if you are facing any problems in it.
5. They will be nice and polite to your friends
Your relationship is really serious if your partner is interested in knowing about the people you hang out with or the people who are your friends. Your partner will be polite and nice to your friends. They will invite your friends and will make them comfortable. This is one of the most important sign that your partner is serious about you.
These are some very simple tips through which you can easily find out whether your lover seriously loves you or not.
Nowadays, many people prefer to travel more distance for summer vacations. Due to restless work in office, you may try to enjoy the vacations or weekends. If you travel in bike, you have to face many climatic factors. It is better to travel in car.Yes I have the information about the car rental. Here you can fine different type of car for rental at cheap cost. If you are planning to go for a tour with you family for the place which you have never seen.You can go for the london ride in the car even you dont the car of your own . If you think this ride needs to be environmentally good, then here is the right choice of selecting eco car hire
There are numerous companies throughout the globe who already offer environmentally friendly packages; this includes eco-car hire, cars with low CO2 emissions,eco taxi services, ecological vacation packages,ideas on how to offset the carbon footprint from flying when other means of travel are either unavailable or unrealistic.You can enjoy your vacation as well as you can be moral to others. Try these europe car hire will make good memories. In many streets of London you can see this eco car.The car hire France and car hire Europe for example provides their own ways of convenient mechanisms for hiring the most recently developed and good form of cars so that the customers would be satisfied in using it. The details provided in this site are so clear so that it can even be understood clearly by people of all age groups.
Labels: Entertainment , valentine tips , women words , 1 comments
(1)Fine -This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
(2)Five Minutes -If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3)Nothing -This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4)Go Ahead-This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
(5)Loud Sigh-This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6)That's Okay-This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7)Thanks-A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').
(8)Whatever- Is a woman's way of saying F--YOU!
(9)Don't worry about it, I got it-Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.
NEVER CRY FOR ANY RELATION IN LIFE
BECAUSE FOR THE ONE WHOM YOU CRY
DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR TEARS
AND THE ONE WHO DESERVES
WILL NEVER LET YOU CRY.................
TREAT EVERYONE WITH POLITENESS
EVEN THOSE WHO ARE RUDE TO YOU,
NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT NICE
BUT BECAUSE YOU ARE NICE..............
NEVER SEARCH YOUR HAPPINESS
WHICH WILL MAKE YOU
RATHER SEARCH IT IN YOURSELF
YOU WILL FEEL HAPPY
EVEN IF YOU ARE LEFT ALONE...........
A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN LIFE.
THERE IS SOMETHING POSITIVE
IN EVERY PERSON.
EVEN A STOPPED WATCH IS RIGHT
TWICE A DAY..........................
HAPPINESS ALWAYS LOOKS SMALL
WHEN WE HOLD IT IN OUR HANDS.
BUT WHEN WE LEARN TO
WE REALIZE HOW BIG AND PRECIOUS IT IS!...
In ancient India there lived a most virtuous Brahmin who was considered by all to be the best authority on philosophy. One day the local king ordered him to appear before him. When he did so, the king said: "I have three questions that puzzle–even torment–me: Where is God? Why don't I see Him? And what does he do all day? If you can't answer these three questions I will have your head cut off." The Brahmin was appalled and terrified, because the answers to these questions were not just complex, they were impossible to formulate. In other words: he did not know the answers. So his execution date was set.
On the morning of that day the Brahmin's teenage son appeared and asked the king if he would release his father if he–the son–would answer the questions. The king agreed, and the son asked that a container of milk be brought to him. It was done.
Then the boy asked that the milk be churned into butter. That, too, was done.
"The first two of your questions are now answered," he told the king.
The king objected that he had been given no answers, so the son asked: "Where was the butter before it was churned?"
"In the milk," replied the king.
"In what part of the milk?" asked the boy.
"In all of it."
"Just so, agreed the boy, "and in the same way God is within all things and pervades all things."
"Why don't I see Him, then," pressed the king.
"Because you do not 'churn' your mind and refine your perceptions through meditation.
If you do that, you will see God. But not otherwise. Now let my father go."
"Not at all," insisted the king. "You have not told me what God does all day."
"To answer that," said the boy, "we will have to change places. You come stand here and let me sit on the throne."
The request was so audacious the king complied, and in a moment he was standing before the enthroned Brahmin boy who told him: "This is the answer.
One moment you were here and I was there. Now things are reversed. God perpetually lifts up and casts down every one of us. In one life we are exalted and in another we are brought low–oftentimes in a single life this occurs, and even more than once. Our lives are completely in His hand, and He does with us as He wills." ("He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree." Luke 1:52)
The Brahmin was released and his son was given many honors and gifts by the king.
Many people, especially in young age, have problem with acne. Acne problems, where once if they get affected by this, their beauty will start to reduce terribly, they would feel shy to come out of their home and it would be highly irritating when others tease about the acne problems or the lost beauty.The site so called http://www.acnecuresrevealed.net provides best treatment for this disease with out side effects. Hope you all will get a wonderful information from this site. Acne, a type of skin disease from which many have been suffering a lot. This is one of the best sites which explain how effectively they give the treatment to cure this skin disease. Mainly these Treatment for Acne products are focused on safety, side effects, customer feedback, ingredient quality, acne fighting powers and overall value. With the help of many experts and consumer reviews they identified 5 best treatments.This site product formula can do wonders for those who worry about their skin.The treatments provided for curing the acne troubles are prepared after long research by some of the highly renowned doctors and specialists from all over the world, so there is nothing to worry about the side effects and all, as it has been perfectly tested before and had given out the best results for many of their patients.Get your beauty back with acnecuresrevealed.net . All the best.
1. Throw out nonessential numbers.
This includes age, weight, and height.
Let the doctors worry about them.. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)
3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
Never let the brain get idle.
'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!
4. Enjoy the simple things
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her!
6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourself.
LIVE while you are alive.
7 Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.
Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips.
Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
If all the blood vessels in your body were straightened out and placed end to end, they would be 100,000 miles long, long enough to go round the equator four times, that’s really long.
During an 8 hour sleep, most people have form three to five dreams, each lasting from 10 to 30 minutes and they are in color. i used to get one or 2, but not every day.
An average person drinks about 16,000 gallons of water in his life time, that really amazing.
The world’s most popular and largest hobby is stamp collection, i also included in that.
The Tow normal human kidneys contain two million tiny blood filters which filters 50 gallons of blood every day. calculate for our life time it goes to thousands of gallons.
ModernLineFurniture.com,this site may be helpful for those who think to modernize their home or restaurant or bars or lounge with new furniture’s. They are specialized in interior designs. They are leading on-line retailer in U.S with 10 years of experience. One advantage over here is if you are not satisfied with any one of the furniture item you purchased, you can return with in 14 days they will refund the amount .Thinking to acquire furniture of excellent quality to keep its very elegant house modernlinefurniture is the solution that it was looking, being a bold store that always places the disposal the best furniture of the market.They offer free room planner that helps to make the perfect decision for the placement of furniture is at home, hotels, bars and where you want more, are all products of quality and security so that you know to be good for acquiring a product their environment (Lounge furniture), then do not miss more time and will now know the modernlinefurniture.com the most complete furniture store for the Internet.Some of the sofa sets available here are Dazzling Modern White Leather Sofa Loveseat Chair Set, Caramel Leather w/Mahogany Arms Sofa, Loveseat and Chair Living Room Set, Modern Furniture Blue Leather Sofa Regular price: $1,199.99 but for the customers they provide at $595.95. For more details click this Lounge furniture.
Yuki Bhambri cliniched the Australian Open junior Grand Slam title against Germany's Alexandros-Ferdinandos Georgoudas 6-3, 6-1 .The match got over within an hour.He became the fourth Indian to do so.The former greats have tipped that this is a big achievement and he looks all set to make it big in the mens arena.So watch out Yuki is surely an EMERGING STAR...
The film industry was forced to put a ban on her when she refused to pay the amount that she had taken for the movie Paiyya.When Nayanthara was asked to reply she told that she will face the ban in her own way.
Are you new to web hosting? Are you trying to find a good web hosting that gives you the best deals and the best price?
If you're, then you're almost the same with me when I first started to build my websites. It was very hard for me to find a good web hosting service that gives me what I want. I search endlessly on the Internet and read reviews from the satisfied and unsatisfied customers.You can select the best host for you.And in SEO devices,many articles suggest we use different domain names to earn more money.So we can use the Multiple Domain Web Hosting service to choose the prime host company. It’s actually a very informative site as they have lots of articles about web hosting. The site is http://webhostinggeeks.com.
This website address is provide their website pages with plenty important information about several web hosting such as webhosting ratings that is consist of top 10 web hosting, the rating of multiple domain hosting, the rating of green web hosting, any free domain names, free yahoo marketing, free Google AdWords and many more. You may also see the other information about web hosting review, web hosting awards, web hosting advertisement, webmasters and others.
Scientists say the higher your I.Q. The more you dream.
You use 200 muscles to take one step.
The average woman is 5 inches shorter than the average man.
Your big toes have two bones each while the rest have three.
A pair of human feet contains 250,000 sweat glands.
The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much as information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.
The average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds.
Men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair.
At the moment of conception, you spent about half an hour as a single cell.
Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.
The enamel in your teeth is the hardest substance in your body.
Your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born.
When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, and they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate.
Your thumb is the same length of your nose.
If you, a friend or loved one has suffered a serious personal injury attorney west palm beach ,personal injury due to the negligence of another, are involved in a divorce, paternity matter or business dispute, they can help. Call them today to speak with one of our attorneys and experience first hand the level of service and professionalism our firm provides. You will understand why their clients benefit from “Big Firm Experience and Small Firm Personal Service”.
Priyanka Chopra will soon be seen in a special song for Ashutosh Gowariker’s “What’s Your Raashee” where she will be seen donning 12 different characters and shot for the song by dancing for 22 hours non-stop.She has stunned everybody by dancing non-stop for 22 hours for a special song in the movie.
Under the choreographic supervision of Raju Khan, Priyanka performed to a song that required her to bring all the 12 characters together in all their varying moods and personalities.At times she couldn’t sit or take a breather for hours at a stretch. It was very important to get the continuity right. Otherwise the characters’ graph would’ve become lopsided. To dance and emote to a song in 12 different looks and make-up all at once is not an easy thing.”
Priyanka Chopra wasn’t allowed to take break between each shot, as the choreographer didn’t want her to get away from the rhythm of the song, where each character represents every Zodiac sign.
Her ex-boyfriend Hurman Baweja was present on the sets to support her.
This Website http://www.reservationbooks.com offer a variety of solutions to meet your reservation and hospitality needs. The reservation books were designed with quality in mind and were built to withstand the rigors of restaurant demands. These books will not wither from the daily use they will receive.Depending upon the type of establishment you have, you might want to consider getting a customized reservation book. Your customized book can be embossed with your hotel or restaurant's name and or logo, which immediately identifies your establishments as an upscale organization. Contact the manufacturer if you need a reservation book with non-standard sized paper to see whether your request can be accommodated or not.The hospitality industry requires having smooth day to day operations and having the right reservation and management tools at your fingertips can separate your organization from the one down the street. Restaurant reservation book ,this site can offer you communication tools that will help you to achieve the success that you desire. All reservation books allow you to track who, when and where, but http://www.reservationbooks.com/ can help you ensure that you have all of the resources that are required to meet your event planning needs.
After Bollywood superstars Preity Zinta and Shah Rukh Khan, actress Shilpa Shetty joined the Twenty20 extravaganza in India, as she invested in the Indian Premier League (IPL) champion side Rajasthan Royals.Shilpa Shetty adds another notch on her nearly worn-out belt. She has now gone the Preity Zinta way; and has bought a big stake in Rajasthan Royals alongwith businessman beau Raj Kundra.During the first season of the IPL, Shilpa Shetty was seen cheering for Vijay Mallya's Bangalore Royal Challengers. However, the actor will now be seen backing the champion side in the second season.IPL is already a star-studded affair with filmstars like Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta and Juhi Chawla being team owners. While Khan and Chawla own Kolkata Knight Riders, Zinta and her boyfriend Ness Wadia own Kings XI Punjab.But now, Shilpa's association will certainly add some glam quotient to the champions in season two.